Driving change in challenging times
For 2022/23, the Bevan Exemplar Programme call ‘Driving Change in Challenging Times’ challenges applicants to develop prudent and innovative solutions to overcome issues facing the sustainable delivery of health and care services in Wales. Applications were encouraged around the following themes, aligned with Welsh Government and NHS Wales priorities:
- Preventing Illness, Early Intervention and Supporting Care in the Community
- New Models of Integrated Health and Social Care
- Reducing Waste across Health and Care
- Supporting the Recovery of Elective Care
- Improving Care for Patients with Cancer
- Reducing Inequalities and Transforming Mental Health Services
Doing things differently for a prudent, sustainable recovery
In 2021/22, the Cohort 7 Exemplars explored ideas and projects aligned with:
- Using digital and technological solutions to do things differently.
- Working in different ways and with different people.
- A different approach to reduce waste and achieve sustainable health and care without harm.
- Cutting bureaucracy, empowering people and managing shared risks.
- Developing innovative actions around shared priorities, such as connecting with hard to reach groups.
- Collaborating to make the most of all skills and resources and doing only what’s needed.
- Priorities consistent within local organisations and collaborative working.